It is the responsibility of each South Bend Country Club member to know the policies of the Club. Please contact the Clubhouse if you have any questions.
Proper attire will be required while on premises. This shall be considered to be “country club casual” (except where noted otherwise). Country club casual shall be considered as the following:
- Casual or dress slacks for men or women
- Appropriate, non-revealing skirts, dresses and blouses for ladies
- Collared shirt for men, dress or casual shoes
The Member is responsible to inform all family members and guests of this policy and is responsible for ensuring their family members and guests are attired properly.
Golf Course Attire
- Casual slacks with collared shirts only (or as allowed herein)
- Shorts or Golf Skirts of mid-thigh length or longer (hemmed)may be worn.
- Other clothing considered acceptable includes, foul weather suits, shirts with collars / mock necks, and jewel neck shirts for the ladies.
- Please keep shirts tucked in and headgear worn “bill forward” when on club property.
- Soft spiked golf shoes shall be mandatory.
- Tennis shoes with smooth, non abrasive soles may be worn as an alternative to regulation golf shoes.
- No tennis shoes with raised, ribbed or abrasive soles shall be worn.
- Shirt and shoes must be worn at all times. It is customary for shirts to be tucked in unless attire is specifically designed otherwise.
- Jeans and denim are permitted in Clubhouse, Dining Room, Ladies’ Locker Room and Men’s Locker Room.
- Jeans and denim should not be faded, torn, or distressed in any way, and should be solid in color.
- Jeans and denim are not allowed on the golf course at any time, under any circumstances.
- No cargo pants/cargo shorts, wind or jogging shorts, scrubs or T-shirts designed as strictly undergarments are not appropriate attire and are not permissible.
- Swimwear shall not be allowed in the main clubhouse, main dining room, or the grille at any time.
- Facilities are available to change before proceeding to other areas of the country club.
- Regulation swimwear designed for swim activities.
- Two-piece swimwear may be worn so long as it provides appropriate cover.
- No offensive or revealing swimwear will be permitted.
- Swim cover wear and shoes shall be worn at the pool at all times.
- Beach shoes are permitted.
The South Bend Country Club and its’ golf course are for the use of our members and guests.
- Guests are entitled to play five (5) rounds of golf during a season.
- Guest fees will double for any guest who has played more than five times during a season.
- It is the member’s responsibility to be aware of a guest’s prior rounds played.
- Club Tournament rounds do not count against a guest’s five (5) rounds.
- A member may sponsor guests to utilize the golf course and club facilities without being present.
- A member may entertain more than one foursome at a time. We ask that you make this request in advance to the Golf Staff for approval.
- A member must register their guest information in the Golf Shop prior to their round.
- Members must submit a Leave of Absence / Resignation Request Form to the club Business Manager. Requests will be forwarded to the Board of Managers for approval.
- The Board of Managers may grant a Leave of Absence for medical disability.
- A medical Leave of Absence may be granted if the following conditions are met:
There exists or will exist a medical condition that will prevent the member from playing golf for at least three (3) continuous months or more, during the golf season which shall be from April through October.
- Members requesting medical Leave of Absence will be converted to “Social” membership for the length of the requested leave.
- Dues will be reduced to the current social rate and include social membership golf privileges.
- Members requesting Leave of Absences for any reason other than medical will be resigning from the Club.
- Resignations from the Club result in the following conditions:
Resigned members will not be readmitted as a member of the Club for one year unless specifically approved but the Board of Managers for unusual circumstances.
- The Board of Managers, at its discretion, may revise, alter, or otherwise terminate this policy at any time.