It is the responsibility of each South Bend Country Club member to know the rules and procedures of the Club; however, the Golf Shop Staff is ready to assist you should there be any questions.
Rules & Etiquette
Clothing considered unacceptable includes T-Shirts, tank tops, numerical sports jerseys, jeans, bicycle/running shorts, swimming trunks, sweat suits, and cargo shorts. Please keep your shirt tucked in and headgear worn “bill forward” when on club property. We would also like to encourage you and your guests to avoid changing your shoes in the parking lot and utilize our locker room facilities. It is the member’s responsibility to see that their guests adhere to the Dress Code and all other policies while using the Club’s facilities.
Please use the following chart when adjusting your score:
|18 Hole Course Handicap||Maximum Number Posted|
|9 or less||Double Bogey|
|10 – 19||7|
|20 – 29||8|
|30 – 39||9|
|40 – 49||10|
|50 & Above||11|
- Repair all divots by replacing turf (preferred) or using divot mix from the cart.
- Repair ball mark damage to the green.
- Rake bunkers and leave the rake inside the bunker parallel to the fairway.
- Take relief from staked trees and shrubs.
- Obey all daily cart rules and restrictions.
- Avoid damaging the course when taking practice swings.
- South Bend is a non-metal spike facility.
The active participation of every member is required to keep our course in top condition. Our Locker Room Manager and Golf Shop Staff are prepared to assist you or your guests in changing your spikes prior to play.
- Be ready to play when it is your turn.
- Line up putts while others are putting.
- Pick up if you are out of the hole.
- Park carts beyond the green to avoid delays upon completion of the hole.
- If there is a possibility of a lost ball or out of bounds, play a provisional ball.
- Be aware of your place on the course at all times.